Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Competitions for Ugly Ties and Bryce McQuivey's Mini- Dobbleganger

Hello Everyone!!!!

 So this week was a long one! But the good news is that I only have one more week of being cooped up here! So this past week, my companion gave me a haircut, we had another earthquake, and I have only one more week. I have really struggled this week in terms of homesickness, I found that the only thing that helps is talking about it, and playing soccer! Speaking of soccer I am actually starting to get pretty good! Soccer is one of the only times of the day that I look forward to! So here at the MTC the North American’s have a tradition. It starts when we are 2 weeks in. The Elders in the "Class" above us put on a series of challenges, and we are competing for a tie. Now this tie is no ordinary tie, it is the most ugly tie you will ever see! The person who wins the tie has to wear it in every picture with the president and his wife. There are challenges like writing raps and seeing how many paper towel balls you can make into a urinal. Two weeks ago my district competed in these tie games, and I didn't get the tie, but I won the pocket square. The pocket square is super ugly and super hard to get into the picture Yesterday we took pictures and the pocket square fulfilled its purpose! Now we are putting on the challenges for the group below us. It sound pretty dumb, but it takes our minds off the stress!

Here is the tie in all its ugliness along with the pocket square!
This week I defiantly found out that I miss the small things from home, like family prayer and reading to Tanner. It’s pretty crazy to think I won’t be able to do those things for another 2 years! I really miss home and the comforts of it! I am really glad to be out here in Perú. I know that when I get out of the MTC, I will be able to see the blessings of teaching people. I have one more week here, I fly out on Tuesday morning. I will get my new companion, and the next two years will fly past!

Cooper: Happy birthday bud! I miss you so much!!! I hope you have an awesome day!!!!!

I miss you all so much! Today was a wacky day, having to email at 7am in the morning and all, but I have 99 more weeks here for you guys to email me! I love you guys so much and hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Mohlman

 
Here are the zone leaders! The one on my right is literally a shorter version of Bryce Mcquivey! He likes all the same stuff! The only difference is that he is 22!


This is what happens when you fall asleep in class! This is one of my companions!


This is where I went tracking last week!

Lima Peru Temple  - where "Families can be Forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment