Tuesday, July 1, 2014

3:00am to Arequipa & no ozone layer!

Wow!!! So day one was absolutely crazy! We woke up at 3:00am and flew to Arequipa! It is such a nice place! We got to see the site where they are building the temple, and many more landmarks! We went to the mission home and I got my companion for the next 3 months his name is Elder Chavez. We live in a tiny room above a members house. I really like the downtown part of Arequipa it is super nice and really old. One thing that is really interesting down here is there is no ozone layer... So basically I better keep the sunscreen on! I think that I will really like this place! I can't email for very long today so sorry this is short. But Monday's are P-days. I will email you again then! I also got all your letters the day I left!! Thanks so much to everyone that sent me one.  They have really helped me! Well, I love you guys so much and hope you all are well!  I will be able to write you letters now that I can send them! Also for future reverence... if you send packages send them via USPS, and plaster it with the Catholic Jesus like on the cross, or the Virgin Mary. They won't touch it! Well I hope you guys are doing good, because I am! Miss you tons!
Love, Elder Mohlman
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment