Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Puppies, Oro, and He loves the people!



 Yes, they do have Gatorade here!


This Elder is from Wellsville, he remembers our cousin Kyle.  Isaac do you know who he is?



So this week was another hard one! The language is coming along alright. I can comfortably give a lesson to someone outside the walls. This week I went proselyting to the "ghetto" of Lima. It is a really poor really violent part of the city. My companion and I taught 4 lessons to less active members about why it is important to come to church. My companion was a little better at Spanish than me, but I held my own. The place where we went is in a district called Las Magnolias. It is literally a giant side of a mountain that is covered in houses. Every one of the houses is a different color.



The first family we taught didn’t really want to listen to us, but the second family did. We knocked on the "door" if you could call it that, and a little boy came running out and hugged us. He showed us into the house where his mom started beaming. She came running from the back of the room yelling "mucho bendicónes" she then grabbed a rag and wiped down all the seats for us, and made us sit it their best chairs. She then sent her son to go get us some Oro (which is basically an off brand of Inca Kola). This family did not have enough money to do that but they were so happy to see us that they sacrificed. We taught the family the lesson which was basically for the husband, then we left with bellies full of Oro. The people here are so great! I love the culture and the sights. While I was out proselyting we were walking to a house and we saw a little litter of puppies, they were so cute! I am so jealous that you guys got a puppy, hopefully I can see some pictures.  



(This our new puppy, we sent pictures but they didn't go through -  welcome little yellow lab - Molly Mohlman )

 So tonight we get new missionaries. The last group left this morning. I am pretty excited because that means only 2 more weeks here in the MTC. I am very thankful for the MTC, but I feel like my Spanish has plateaued. It is super hard to be cooped up all day, but it’s part of the plan. 


I have found that my escape is reading the scriptures. I have found so many great scriptures that have helped me to keep going. I have been reading a lot in the bible, and I have found a lot of really cool verses. One of my favorite is Hewbrews 11:6. It helps me to keep going because I know that Dios will reward those that have faith in him. 

 Yo se que Jesucristo es mi harmano. Yo se que Dios es muy amoroso. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un propheta de dios. You say ques la iglesia de jesucristo es verdadera. I have found the truth while here in the MTC, I know I will find more. 

I really liked something that Elder Bednar said, "A mission is the only way for a person to show their unconditional love to God." Its a super good quote that I try to say to myself every day. 

Another one is by Thomas S. Monson, "You have an eternity to prepare for it, an eternity to look back on it, but only two years to live it." I want all of you back home to know that a mission is one of the best decisions I have made. I know I have a purpose and that I am here for a reason. Not a day goes by that I don’t feel the love of Christ. I love it here. And with 23 months left I will be home in no time. I love you all and you are always in my prayers whether they are in Spanish or English. I hope you are all doing great!

Love Elder Mohlman




No comments:

Post a Comment